Re: Painted Kitchen Floor (the procedure) husbands response

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Janjarreau
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:03:37 EST

In a message dated 12/8/99 6:30:00 PM Central Standard Time,
lpskeen@living-tree.net writes:

<<
Janjarreau wrote:
> You would do this if your husband won't release the
> money for a new floor, and do it when he goes on a business trip or
hunting.

<ahem> What did ye olde husband have to say when he got home?
Lisa

I told him before he left I was going to do it. He was not at all happy and
said all I could spend was $50.00. I told him I thought it would cost about
that. He said it would not work & it would cause us to not be able to sell
the house. He also said that about the stained glass ball bathroom sink when
I was doing that.
Well, the kitchen floor took 10 days and he was only gone 4. I did it in 4
segments so we would not have to close down the kitchen. I made "don't cross
this line strips, etc." The floor cost $150.00. I was able to complete the
first segment (the main part of the kitchen) before he got home from the
business trip. He was shocked and had to admit he was WRONG!!!! He loved it
and is proud of it. He likes the bathroom too but it took months because I
kept running out of balls & needed to find a source for better prices.
Michael's has them for $1.99 per bag. It also got to be very boring. It was
worth it though. Everybody loves it especially the generation X'ers. It
really came together when I did the grout.