FW: Torn paper wall paper

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fields, Linda (fieldsl.us)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:35:30 -0500

------ =_NextPart_000_01BF419A.3D8FCEC0

From: Janjarreau
To: "Fields, Linda" <fieldsl.us>
Subject: Re: Torn paper wall paper
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 19:55:32 -0500

In a message dated 12/6/99 4:30:44 PM Central Standard Time,
fieldsl.us writes:

<< Have you seen the kits
at Lowe's or Home Depot for doing this very thing? That's where I first
got the idea that made me start thinking about it. Did you get the
McCloskey glaze at a regular house paint store or an art store? Thanks
for all the help. Linda >>
Linda,
No I have not seen the kits. We have a Home Depot here. I learned of
this
method from Interior Motives TV show & from the Lanette Jennings show. I
also
found the brown paper rolls at Super D for less than 4 dollars each. I
bet
the rice paper would be beautiful but VERY expensive. You wouldn't have
paint or glaze it though. I got the glaze from the Pittsburgh Paint
store. I
think I have seen it at The big stores too. If you can't find it then
you
could use any type of tinted glaze. Check with Lowes. I do recommend
practicing on sample paper. It took several tries until I found just the

right combination of paint & glaze. Better to do it small with little
bottles
of acrylic than with the big cans. It took more than 1 quart of base
coat for
my small bathroom. If you don't have the small craft sized bottles of
glaze
to practice with; then take plenty of base coated samples of wrinkled
paper
bag with you to the paint store & they might let you smear some of the
glazes
on your samples. It doesn't take much to tell if you will like it. Now
I am
curious about those kits at Lowes......
I will probably try a room with joint compound with a palate knife. Then

paint the walls & glaze & wipe off. I have practiced this on a sample
board &
it is gorgeous. I have been experimenting with joint compound lately. I
am
doing a fancy frame now. I also did a nice relief painting of a
Louisiana
Swamp and an Egret. Better go, I have 178 E-mails. I am getting ready
for
finals. Keep me informed.
Janice

------ =_NextPart_000_01BF419A.3D8FCEC0--