Re: Sight or sound?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 07:50:17 -0500

"Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI" wrote:

> > > There are many "substitutes" for hearing and speech, but none for sight.
> >
> > Not at all true! There's touch--often more telling than sight--
> >

> Touch is an additional sense which conveys information different from sight.
> We cannot touch color, nor is it operational at a distance.

One last word on this topic--it's true that we've evolved into a visual society
relying on our sense of sight as the primary means of acquiring information--but
the price has been great--since many have come to accept what they see on their
screens as reality---when, in fact, it isn't that at all. If you touch a
screen, you'll know it immediately!

Best wishes,
Joseph