RE: Sony JamCam

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:15:35 -0500

It should be noted that the JamCam is marketed for kids to get them
familiar with digital imaging and various computer functions. It comes
with a nice software package called "Picture it" whereby the kids learn to
select and upload their pictures and then create cards or notes and even a
little morphing. The resolution size is perfect for e-mailing. I'd like
to shoot the last person that sent me a huge picture...also the size is
great for Webpages as they load faster. I thought it made a great gift for
my nephew, age 10.

Naturally, I prefer my Mavica...but knocking the JamCam is like comparing a
gameboy to a new black convertable sportscar...

-=deb=-
if you are on a list respond to me directly dsterner
Don't forget to see my students
http://www.geocities.com/athens/oracle/1594

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Beilby [SMTP:tbeilby]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 12:29 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: Sony JamCam

Bob could have written his comments for me.
I feel ripped off, I was a sucker, I didn't see the limited rebate date,
image is way to small,
when the image is enlarged it goes way impressionistic ..thinking I might
try to use it in a lesson of impressionistic or abstract images.
I have been using the Mavica that the school purchased when I can check it
out. At the top of my request list for next year will be a Mavica for the
art room.