Re: kiln vents

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Andrea Dunmire (artshui)
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:18:14 EST

>Barbara Hall wrote: ... have a Skutt kiln, a large one, basically we only
>bisque fire, no glaze firings to speak of. I was looking at the enviro
>vent...

Then, Jane wrote:
(When I
>first began teaching at this school I was astounded that the kiln was not
>vented. It took me a year to convince administration of the necessity.)

It took me ten years to convince the administration that a vent was
necessary. The response I received for my request was, "We've never HAD
one.........." Whew!
I now have a downdraft Enviro Vent and a hood vent over an "Econo Kiln" and
I bisq2ue and glaze fire and the fumes never reach the art room. The kiln
is in a small room of its own attached to the art room.
I function as does Jane above, and it has been fine.

Andrea in Pa.
- to contact me directly use artshui