Re: Gesso hides a multitude of sins!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 07:37:17 -0500

Janjarreau wrote:

> . Then I laid multicolored stained glass half marbles on the
> sink top and down into the sink basin, & grouted them.

You're on the right track now--painting tiles on the floor, and other things
that will see a lot of wear should be done in more permanent materials--mosaic
tiles, etc., and won't cost you much if you do the work yourself.

In fact there a show on TV this weekend on a woman who covered nearly every inch
of her home in tiles, glass and trompe l'oeil painted surfaces--like doors
etc--fun surfaces. I guess my advice to you is to use proper materials that are
designed for the wear they'll be subjected to and use paint sparingly.

Best wishes,