Re: artsednet digest: December 03, 1999

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Perry Schafer (pschafer)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:26:56 +1100

Subject: Re: linoleum printing
From: Woody Duncan <wduncan>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 20:03:35 -0600

I agree with the heating method. I had a student one year, born in Nigeria
who went to school in England before coming to Rosedale. She showed me how
in English schools they heated the Linoleum on a warming plate prior to
We now lay our Linoleum on the radiator vents prior to carving. It
really makes
the carving easier and I suspect it would help flatten as well, but we
buy ours
in flat sheets. Good luck, Woody in KC

Deeknik wrote:
> Try placing the linoleum in a warm oven for a while. You can flatten the
> roll and cut it a lot easier. My students don't want to work with it
> the pieces are place in the microwave for a minute. Just be careful you
> don't get it so warm the air inside will expand and bubbles appear.
> Debbie
We use a warming plate here too, although an iron (clothes type) applied to
the cloth side until the warmth can be felt on the lino side works just as