Re: the really un-cancelled field trip

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sun, 05 Dec 1999 17:33:33 -0700

Aaron and Jennifer wrote:

> Thank you everyone for your wonderful ideas on what to do on my crummy
> field trip situation. I decided to "change" my room into a museum. <snip>
> The kids loved it. They were miffed because they did not get to go on
> the trip, but they loved being to look at art and have a good time. The
> principal walked in during a class. The kids did not receive her well, yet
> they behaved. I was so proud of them - and so happy that it went over really
> well! :)

Jennifer,

You really did a great job turning a lemon into lemonade. I
think a lot of us would've just stewed about it and gone on to
something else. Imagine how curious the students must be now
about what a real museum is like! I wonder if the experience
would be as much fun as the one you gave them.

Maggie