Re: Kiln questions

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 21:39:58 -0500

Dennis Freeman wrote:

> For me, here's the kicker: "There are two kinds of potters: those who like
> to make mud pies & those who like to start fires." - Anon. I KNOW which one
> I am! Nothing like a 2' blue-green flame leaping out of the top of our old
> Alpine HF-20! Raku firing, where we get to mess with still-glowing pots is
> cool, too. Best of all, pit firings, where we have a huge bonfire going and
> put it out with manure - smoke! flame! smell! OOhh, ooh! ooh! Sorry, I
> guess I revealed too much. Hope this helps! Dennis

Dennis,
(Good points about brick thickness too, btw.)
Hey you know, better yet, Cheryl could get an electric kiln, and with the money
she saved (vs. buying a GAS kiln) she can get a Raku kiln, then get somebody out
with a backhoe to dig her a pit kiln. In a school environment I think I'd
forego the manure tho. :) Hot diggety, we'll make potters out of
everybody.<GG>

PS: If there's a website w/ your work, I'd like to see it.

--
Lisa Skeen    http://www.living-tree.net
Living Tree Pottery & Handmade Soaps