Re: linoleum printing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 20:03:35 -0600

I agree with the heating method. I had a student one year, born in Nigeria
who went to school in England before coming to Rosedale. She showed me how
in English schools they heated the Linoleum on a warming plate prior to carving.
We now lay our Linoleum on the radiator vents prior to carving. It
really makes
the carving easier and I suspect it would help flatten as well, but we
buy ours
in flat sheets. Good luck, Woody in KC

Deeknik wrote:
> Try placing the linoleum in a warm oven for a while. You can flatten the
> roll and cut it a lot easier. My students don't want to work with it unless
> the pieces are place in the microwave for a minute. Just be careful you
> don't get it so warm the air inside will expand and bubbles appear.
> Debbie

                I'm from Kansas, where evolution is outlawed
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                         click on wduncan
You are welcome to visit my Web Site at
the new URL for school is