Re: book illustration and creation

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
jwells (jwells.us)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:02:09 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01BF3D9F.5F4F7340

I am very thankful that you provided that info.! I can't wait to go =
look to see if our library has it.
Janet in Connersville
-----Original Message-----
From: Kimberly Anne Herbert <kimberly>
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet>
Date: Wednesday, December 01, 1999 12:52 PM
Subject: RE: book illustration and creation
=20
Janet,
I would like to suggest you see if your library has ...I never =
saw another butterfly.... Children's Drawings and Poems from Terezin =
Concentration Camp, 1942 - 1944. Much of our information about the =
Holocaust comes from and adult perspective. These are poems and artwork =
produced by the children, while they were secretly being taught. There =
is a catalogue in the back with information about each child artist and =
their fate if known. Most died at Auschwitz, of the 15,000 children in =
Terezin 100 survived. One survivor, Helga Weizzova, was an artist living =
in Prague at the time the book was published. You or the English teacher =
might just make the book available to the students to look through on =
their own.=20
Kimberly Herbert
=20