Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I showed the students frames on Master Paintings in books, Magazines and
We spent one day, working in paper, cutting hearts of various sizes, making
flowers, quilling, with the understanding we would do more another time but
this was to get ready for Clay picture frames.
The next week the art room was readied for clay including texture
Rolling pins, finger measuring, don't use the handles on the rolling pins but
use the roll....
they loved the word Baroque.......elem. level
some did several open hearts of varing sizes and put holes in for a mobile of
photos....I stressed lace, bonding one piece on top of another, ornate......
others did slab with slab cut out on top and a triangle prop in back so the
photo could go on a bureau top.........
We worked mostly in white clay, had plastic doilies and real lace tablecloths
pieces to press in also; after bisque firing , used watercolor and dry tempera
to paint and another day I used acrylic medium with them to seal it. Not
every class got to that part because we had a snow day...........
I also left quite a few templates of hearts in oaktag out when we did the
clay because most of them got so into their paper hearts they didnot want to
use them for drawing around...
Several asked if we can do it again this Jan.