Re: Ceramic Picture Frames

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Hause (smhause)
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:10:45 PST

I cut out tagboard the size of the frame. From magazines or photographs,
the students create a collage of images around the frame opening. We
then roll slabs of clay and cut out the inside opening tha t hold the
photo. From misc. slabs, the students use their ideas to make relief
cut-outs and score and slip them on the frame. Remembering to wait
unitl the clay is leather hard prevents warping of the frame itself.
They can either then make a stand to allow the frame to sit on the table
or attack a stick on hardware for hanging later on.