Re: Ceramic Picture Frames

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Hause (smhause)
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:10:45 PST

I cut out tagboard the size of the frame. From magazines or photographs,
the students create a collage of images around the frame opening. We
then roll slabs of clay and cut out the inside opening tha t hold the
photo. From misc. slabs, the students use their ideas to make relief
cut-outs and score and slip them on the frame. Remembering to wait
unitl the clay is leather hard prevents warping of the frame itself.
They can either then make a stand to allow the frame to sit on the table
or attack a stick on hardware for hanging later on.

>Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:10:51
>From: Jerry & Anne Carman-Hendel <hendel>
>Subject: Ceramic Picture Frames
> I am planning to make ceramic picture frames with the third grade. I
>would love to hear your experiences with this type of project.
>Happy New Year Everyone! Thank you for all of your help, ideas,
>and food for thought this past year.
>Anne C-H

Get Your Private, Free Email at