Re: Classroom funnies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Hause (smhause)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:29:54 PST

I do a very similar project with my 6th graders only I call them "clay
compounds" since we oviously create them in clay. I started the list on
paper and printed them out and had them brainstorm on the bottom of the
paper. That way I could edit them and compile them to the list. It was
a good lesson since you have to review slab, coil, score and slip,
hollow ware, etc, depending on with compound word they chose. Mine
did't have to be an animal, so I also got ideas such as bedbug,
bookworm, egghead, etc.

>From: Savannah97
>Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 03:07:30 EST
>To: viccapone, owner-artsednet.edu,
> artsednet.edu
>Subject: Re: Classroom funnies
>
>I was doing a "literal animal" project with my 6th grade boys class.
The
>assignment was to illustrate a fantasy creature using the literal
meaning of
>the word. For example "ladybut" could look like a woman with 6 legs,
wings,
>etc. or "bullfrog" could look like a frog with a bulls tail and horns.
We
>started to brainstorm and list possibilities on the board. They came
up with
>great ideas ( angelfish, horsefly, swordfish, ) and then they hit
me with
>some whoppers....spermwhale, mountain boobie, cockroach, pussycat.
That's 6th