Re: files

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Michelle H. Harrell (mmhar)
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 21:09:42 PST

I'm sorry- gotta vent. After Christmas, I've decided to post a note on
the door saying that our supplies are for art classes only- no matter
how much I like you. This is my first year at this school and I have
"lost" 25 scissors, 10 or more glue bottles, paint, colored pencils, and
my stapler to other teachers. Let's not even mention the countless
requests to borrow posterboard and my best large drawing paper for
projects. I don't want to get on anyone's bad side but enough is
enough. My budget doesn't provide the entire school for all of their
arts and crafts needs. How do the rest of you handle this?

>From: BluesTruth
>Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:40:35 EST
>To: meemo
>Subject: Re: files
>I am always writing grants for supplies. My budget is teesy-tiny. I
work in a
>city school (chicago) and have approx. 1500 students. I get a coupla
>a year. Terrible, isn't it? So what I have to do is look into grant
>(one is the Chicago Foundation for Education), and I get some $$$$
here and
>there ($400-just recently). I have a problem with teachers sending
some of
>their students and borrowing supplies from me. What do you guys do in

Get Your Private, Free Email at

  • Reply: Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller: "Re: Internet Usage"