Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Lesson Plans


Toxic materials

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
AbeleSmith
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:49:08 EST


Some of the strands here have caught my attention because of the toxicity of
the products.

I used to use any and all products with abandon, but then the cancer came.
Why or where from, I don't know. I do know that now I only use non toxic
products with my students, and at home for me. I don't want the kids to get
cancer 20 years from now and then discover it came from the rubber cement (it
also aggravates asthma) or turpentine or lighter fluid or glazes or something
else in the art class.

When I was in college we had no idea about toxicity of the art supplies. Now
we do and we need to be aware of the damage that can be caused.

BTW, the cancer disappeared. I eliminated all toxic products from my art
rooms and my home, including detergents, insect sprays, etc, took massive
doses of vitamins, and several other things. If you are interested in what I
did, I'd be glad to tell you on your private e-mail.

I may be overly cautious about the supplies I use, but I feel good about it!

Terry
Garland, TX, where it 50 and sunny today and I'm very happy to be alive!