Re: Animals and Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:42:44 -0500

Joseph Augusta wrote:
> ..... left to themselves animals are beautiful, and all their
> actions are the essence of truth. Thus, it isn't a question of whether
> they do or don't make art; they *are* art!
>
> Best wishes,
> Joseph

Happy New Year Joseph and all!
Your observation reminded me of this "quote" which is reprinted in the
Art Teacher's Book of Lists:

"How important are the visual arts in our society? I feel strongly that
the visual arts are of vast and incalculable importance. Of course I
could be prejudiced. I AM a visual art."
Kermit the Frog

Linda in f-f-f-fr-r-rigid Michigan