Re: The "Burbs" vs. Urban

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:57:45 -0500

Gosh Jill,
I haven't responded to you in so long(but I've been reading
everything). I say take the job, you don't need to become a martyr
and there will always be problem kids and horrible situations but a
person can only stay in it so long before it wrecks havoc on their
lives and their kids, which is why I think you should take this
opportunity. There is no law saying you have to have a cushy job and
you might just learn something being in a different situation.
Besides your own art work will change because of this and if you
miss it you can always go back or work part time in a rec. center in
an underprivilidged neighborhood. I think of your boys and how they
have lived with you in this position of aggression and probably at
times have feared what could happen to you. Why don't you ask your
kids (at home) how they feel. If it were me I would have burnt out
on that job long ago. Why does everything have to be such a struggle
all the time and I'd want to have a little more calm in my life in
ten years than I do now. My two cents.
Sandra