Re: The

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:03:09 PST

I taught in a situation similar to yours. My name was plastered on the
sides of buildings with other colorful words to describe me. After only
3 years, I left the school for a cushy suburban school and very glad I
did.

Yes, there was a part of me that felt like I was deserting the children,
after all...most of it is not their fault. The situations they are in
are mostly created by the adults in their homes...but I had to look out
for my sanity also. As much as I wanted to help the children, I knew I
needed to help myself also.

I value the time I spent there and hope I made a difference in at least
a few of my student's life....but my life and my family's life is very
important to me also.

Do what your heart tells you to do....you have served your time.
Personally, I feel everyone should teach in the situation you were in
for at least one year...then maybe they wouldn't complain so much about
where they are now.

Judy in OK

>From: BluesTruth
>Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 15:35:09 EST
>To: ArtsEdNet.edu, ArtsEdNet
>Subject: The "Burbs" vs. Urban
>
>Hi Artnetter Friends--
>Well, I have some offers (for interviews only!! No guarantees for jobs)
for
>some nice, lovely "burbs' schools in the wealthier parts of Illinois.
Of