Re: High school HELP!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
dwwebb
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 17:30:40 -0000

stiffel them with my style or my "right way". Oh my I realize I am opening a
new conversation. Good luck to you and happy vacation.
-----Original Message-----
From: Teri Sanford <terily>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Wednesday, December 16, 1998 10:51 PM
Subject: High school HELP!

>Hello arties,
> I just love this list. I am hoping some of you can help me with a
problem. I have been teaching my first HS art
>class (just one each day, then elementary the rest of the day). I have
covered design elements, some drawing and
>enlarging with a grid, clay work, abstract designs with oil pastels. I am
at a loss for what to do next. I am
>definitely intimidated by these "big" kids. Even though my skills are more
than theirs, I still have a hard time
>with them not listening. Then when I grade them (rubric, provided before
each project) they still moan and groan
>and argue about their grades. They want this to be their "easy A" class.
I have some that are even failing,
>because they do not turn in any homework or assignments. I have taught 8
years of K-5 and all my lessons are too
>easy. I have never had students like this. I need something that will
take these kids interest by storm. Does
>anyone have a set "curriculum" or series of lessons that they might share
with me? I would like to do some of the
>research necessary over the holiday break. I'm determined not to let these
kids get the best of me. (I've already