RE: dried Model Magic

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:31:08 -0600

I was recently in someone's art room and saw them using the dried Model
Magic cut into small pieces for a faux mosaic like project. Just thought
I'd let you know. Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: Teri Sanford [SMTP:terily]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 1998 3:46 PM
To: MALOSHD; artsednet.edu
Subject: re: dried Model Magic

Hi Dawn,
Sorry for the late post. I used a big box of dried up model magic
make snowmen sno-globes. I cut the model magic into small chunks
and
the kids were able to sculpt these blocks into spheres using their
scissors. Then we poked a toothpick through all three to create the
snowman. We decorated with permanent markers and tiny scraps of
fabric
for the scarf. Hot glue these into the lid of a baby food jar. Add
colored water to the baby food jar, sprinkle in some iridescent
glitter
and lower the snowman into the water. Screw the lid down tight!!
Tell
them that once he's in, there's no going back. They turned out
REALLY
cute. It doesn't snow here in Austin, Tx, so it was fun to pretend
our
January was a real winter!

hope this helps. I had had my bucket of model magic for about 3
years
before I had this brainstorm :-)

teri