Re: Animals and Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:37:17 -0500

R. Moore wrote:

> Dear Joseph,
> I fully agree that geese are beautiful, both in their appearance
> and in their actions; but being beautiful doesn't in itself qualify
> something as art. Mount Ranier is beautiful; but it isn't art ...

True, but the mountain isn't alive--and animals are--big difference.
You're confusing art with the art object. Try this: form a definition
of art in your mind--art with a capital A if you must, and apply your
definition to your beautiful geese. Then open up a little. Does it
work?

Best wishes,
Joseph