Re: Animals and Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
R. Moore (ronmoore)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:50:07 -0800 (PST)

Dear Joseph,
I fully agree that geese are beautiful, both in their appearance
and in their actions; but being beautiful doesn't in itself qualify
something as art. Mount Ranier is beautiful; but it isn't art, except if
one is willing to extend the concept so that all of God's creation is
divine art. This is not a senseless way of speaking, of course, but it
makes an utter hash of the notion of art as opposed to non-art; for on
this view everything becomes art.
Wishing you all the best in the holiday season!
Ron Moore