Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
Summary of principles:
1. The image of the child: all children have potential, construct their own
learning, and are capable.
2. Community and system: children, family, teachers, parents, and community
are interactive and work together.
3. Interest in environment and beauty: school and classrooms are beautiful
4. Collaboration by teachers: team, partners, working together, sharing
sharing in projects.
5. Time not set by clock: respect for children's pace, time table, stay
with teachers for
several years, and relationships remain constant.
6. Emergent curriculum/projects: child-centered, following their interest,
returning again to add
7. Environmental stimulation: encourages activity, involvement, discovery,
and using a variety of media.
8. Documentation: observing, recording, thinking and showing children's
Summarized by Dr. Rebecca Isbell