Re: Rubric, Transfer of skill learned, Lesson example

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:50:42 -0500

Thanks, Sue, for sharing these great ideas for using rubrics in
elementary art, and to Sandra (I think) who also responded with her
positive experiences. I learned a lot from both of you about how to use
rubrics successfully. Specifically, I tended to think of them as
necessarily used for grading rather than as a simple tool for guiding
the students in their own production (Duh. What a concept!) I also love
the way Sue has the KIDS write the rubric on the back of their
work..super idea! As is the 6th grade calligraphy lesson. Thanks again.
I hope anyone else out there in ArtsEdNetland with ideas on assessment
for elementary will add to this discussion.
Linda in Michigan (after several nights below freezing, those
snapdragons still look pretty good...maybe they're freeze-dried!)