Re: pin hole cameras

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 07:04:01 +0000

>Howdy,
>
>There is no single answer to the question about the length of time one
needs to expose the paper film when you are using a pin hole camera.
Exposure time depends on the amount of light in your environment, the
actual size of the pin hole and the type of paper that you are using as film.

>My suggestion is to make thin test strips at varying exposure times-just
like you would do in the dark room when you are developing the image.

>Start at 1 second intervals. The test strip project is a lesson in
itself. Set it up in groups. Groups of students experiment with a different
amount of time and different pin holes. Someone in the group can be the
time keeper. One person the photographer.