Re: So much to do in art class

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Hause (smhause)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 06:54:10 PST

I use a seating chart that shows the tables and where each student sits.
In that drawing next to the table is a row of boxes. At the end of
every class I grade their work and place their letter grade in the box
next to their name by walking around the room look at their work in
front of them and grade the project. That way they get immediate
feedback and I do not have piles of work to grade and figure out who the
work belongs to when they forget to put on their names. I do not use a
records book because it takes to long to transfer all the grades. I can
go around the room in less than 2 minutes in a class of 25. I also keep
"+" for good behavior and "-" for inappropiate behavior in their box.
That way with the seating chart in front of me I can SEE who they are,
what work is not in, what their grades are, and their previous behavior.
They learn very quickly to be in their seats sitting quietly while I
grade so they can bring their work home.