Re:art philosopy

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 23:17:03 EST

In a message dated 12/9/98 3:30:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-artsednet-
digest.edu writes:

<< I just say, "Hey, this is a class, classes are for learning, that's why you
> are here!" I also remind EVERYONE that people who can draw are able to do
> so because they look, listen, study, think, and practice. Drawing is not
> just a "gift," people earn the ability to make art well.
>
> Sincerely, Leah >>
I tell (and illustrate on the wall as they enter my classroom) my students
that
All
Receive
Talent....from God
(it is a Catholic school) but also that with that talent, they can DO
something. An artist is someone who IMAGINES (which they all have the power
to do) and can create with Art what their mind is seeing. My first graders
were open mouthed the other day, and seemed to "get" this explanation. It was
a good day. :)