Re: paper marbling and paper clay

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:27:56 -0600

Hi Barbara,
I just finished doing marbelizing with my 8th graders using liquid starch
and watered down acrylic paints. I couple of gliches I figured by day 2
were-
I could water down the starch a bit . This made it easier to remove.
I used about equal portions of water and paint ( at first I had the
paint too
watered down.)
The students held the marbeled paper under water ( in a dish tub) by
opposite corners and wiggled it back and forth till most of the starch
was off.

The only problem I still had on some of the papers was pooling of left over
starch or water as they flat to dry. May be if I had a place to hang them
it would of been better.
Good luck -my students LOVED this project.
MaryB