Re: Do Animal Create Art/Beauty

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 16:41:06 -0600

HI all,
The question in regards to animals has been one of my favorite journal questions
for my middle school students. They generally all agree that animals can be
creative but that they are artists they are split. We've discussed Ruby ( heard
she would get about $400 per painting!) and Bud E. Cat who's owner would set the
cat in paint and let it walk on a canvas. I guess Bud E. did ok in the sales
dept. also. But whenever we discuss art I do bring up was it the artist's
intention to be art ( thanks Judy). We sure get some lively debates on journal
discussion day
(every Friday).
MaryB