Re: easels-sky- BRIGHT BLUE

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 12:24:11 -0500

now is time to get ready for next year, or if there is time this
year. See if wood shop can help. If not make it a summer project.
Have at least 20 teams or individual make benches for
drawing/painting. You know the kind that look like Amish single
beds! has a front leg which is about 30"(rough est.) and a back leg
which is about 24" the seat is about 3' and then there is a strip of
wood about 6-8" from the front. It will hold pads to draw or flip it
over and it will make a pretty good painting easel surface. Anyway I
always had them at my schools and in college. You could ask a local
college for donations or help in making it. It would be a neat
project to have everyone make their own and then personalize it by
painting or carving.
Sandra

Karen Hurt wrote:

> If you have them drag their chairs outside, go back in and get some
> drawing boards and materials, turn the chairs upside down, rest the
> drawing boards along the backs, and then sit on the ground to paint or
> draw a few times, I'm sure your administration will either think you are
> incredibly brilliant, or will buy you some easels.
>
> Good luck.

I would love to have easels and allow