RE: DBAE response

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:12:28 -0500

Rosa,
I could have written your note (except I've never heard Eisner speak!)
For years, everything we did was product dirven. I have slowed down the
production and really taken the time for the students to experiment,
analyze, compare, contrast, think, talk, question..... this is time well
spent. I have had great feedback from parents on their child's ability to
identify and talk about art they see. Their knowledge of art history,
cultures etc. also encourages them when they work in the room.
Ellen