Re: art centers for K-4

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 23:57:29 -0500

I love the Escher lizard foam puzzles myself. I also made a large
18x24 laminated sheet with two kinds of birds that I outlined. I
copied the matching shapes on two colors of construction paper. When
I do the lesson I hand every child one bird(alternating colors) I
then ask for all the number 1's to come up(one color has 1 the other
2) then the # 2's. when they place them on the corresponding number
it forms a large tessellation. Anyway my son and I do this at home
and it could be adapted for a center. We kind of use it like a board
game and alternate whose turn it is(as in checkers- we each pick a
color). It is good to enhance spatial relations/math/puzzles mazes.
etc.
astroboy