Fwd: DBAE response

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:15:15 EST

From: Mcracker
To: rojul
Subject: Re: DBAE response
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:13:24 EST

Yes, Rosa!
DBAE has always seemed natural to me, I think because my way to art was
through art history. I have now taught art successfully for 20 odd years, but
I never had an art class in jr. or sr. high school. I started in art history,
but then decided I wanted to teach and somehow dared to take a drawing class
in college. My point is that not everyone comed to art or to an understanding
of art through production. And, each area (aesthetics, art history, production
and art criticism) supports the other. Sometimes I think people think that
DBAE means no production ---I find that to be absurd-- the production is just
better informed, inspired, examined, rethought, reviewed, restarted, and
reflected upon.
Marcia Thompson, from Warm Wisconsin