Re: Re: marbleized paper recipe

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sidnie Miller (sidmill.us)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:15:52 -0800 (PST)

Respond to this message.

You can throw in a little ox gall. It is incredible gross smelling
but is supposed to help float the colors. It is available wherever
marbelizing supplies are sold--I think I got it from one of the
big school art suppliers. It is a little tricky to use though, since
your're supposed to add it right before you run the paper through--not
practical for a classroom situation. It is great for the general
witchcraft effect however. I have the kids smell it and then ask
if they've heard the expression"of all the gall", or since many
deerhunt around here, you're not supposed to ever damage the gall
bladder of animals when you clean them because the gall taints
the meat--they are very interested it that. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #
# Elko, NV 89801 #
# 702-738-7236 #

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 brandynic8 wrote:

> I'm looking for the antique recipe for marbelizing paper. I vaguely remember someting about putting an animal agent (rabbit skin glue?) into the water or on the paper surface? Any ideas welcome.

Respond to this message.