Fwd: Re: ARTS EDUCATION LEGISLATION

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
betti longinotti (p-lstudio)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:54:55 -0500

Respond to this message.

--WebTV-Mail-930082211-9308

To all,
Not to slam NAEA, but in the spirit of the 'season'...I would most
certainly have to agree with Kathrine Walker's remarks in support of
museum programs and what they provide to us to the direct benefit of
arts education. Art museums such as our local Reynolda House, Museum of
American Art and the Southeastern Center of Contemporary Art (SECCA) in
Winston-Salem, lead the way with quality programs, only to enhance K-12
art programs. Personally and professionally I am greatly indebted to
both of these museums, and am sure that many museums across the land,
work hard at providing top-notch programs to assist the goals and
standards of art education. Reynolda House has taught me as well as
other local and regional art educators through active participation
about ongoing interdisciplinary and DBAE approaches to art education.
SECCA has brought the same, including artist residencies such as Tim
Rollins and Willie Birch to our art classrooms. These are not just
momentary experiences but ones that have influenced the lives of both
the students and art educators alike, for years of appeciation and
inspiration. I thank museums for all they do for us and provide to the
richness of arts education and to our communities. We are indeed
fortunate to have such wonderful resources to our direct benefit!

In Art & Life,
Betti L.
p-lstudio
or on the www at