Re: artsednet-digest V2 #496

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cynthia A Lundy (clundy)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 12:32:53 -0700 (MST)

Respond to this message.

To Kate and Ron Hirschi
good point about wet lands in Arizona instead of focusing on arid lands
to intrigue students. It's true that arizona has wet lands in
surrounding areas of Tucson, Phoenic, etc. It's good to teach kids about
the diverse land in one particular state. However, the major cities in
Arizona are right in the middle of dry, desert land and that's why our
lesson plans and comments center around that issue. Water is probably
the most vital issue for our cities. Planting trees is not an issue for
us. In fact, it's incouraged to have desert landscapes in our front &
backyards. It may sound boring, but it's life here.

Cindy