Re: artsednet-digest V2 #477

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cynthia A Lundy (clundy)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:49:04 -0700 (MST)

Respond to this message.

response to andre
about homelessness studio plan and lesson
Great idea for getting children involved in their community. The
younger they are, the better. Children should be taught lessons on
proverty, homelessness and starvation to give them goals perhaps to help
or give to those who need help, instead of taking. This lesson could be
tied into ecological issues of giving to the land instead of taking.
LIke planting trees or cleaning up the city streets and air. Giving
would be the theme or key lesson. Using literature and photography from
Native American cultures would be useful in showing kids a historical
and preserving belief system that the people, animals and earth are one
and should be treated with respect.

Using culturally specific photos in your project would be great.
Good luck!

Cindy

On Mon, 24
Nov 1997, artsednet-digest