Re: artsednet-digest V2 #488

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cynthia A Lundy (clundy)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:18:56 -0700 (MST)

Respond to this message.

to marsh
about your "Are We Divided?" Test scors and the arts
I found some information on studies supporting better standardized
testing:
Welshler's intelligence test which stresses nonverbal performance,like
puzzles.
Also, Gardner's Multiple Intelligence Theory, Sternberg's Theory and
Mayor's Emotional Intelligence Theory. Each contribute to testing on a
broader standard, like emotions, different cognitive styles and
multifaceted and everchanging things.
Good luck on your project

Cindy U of A

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, artsednet-digest
wrote:

> [...]
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 97 13:06:49 EDT
> From: "wrapf" <wrapf>
> Subject: Used Kiln
>
> There has been a lot of interest in a used Potters wheel on this list so I
> thought I'd let others know that I have a used 4 burner downdraft propane
> fired kiln to sell. It's appoximently 29 cu ft and I have silicon carbide
> shelves, stilts, supports and assorted other things to go with it. It would
> have to be dismanteled and rebuilt to move, but I have the plans for
> reassembly. If interested give me a shout on e-mail or snail mail, or Ma Bell
>
> Bill Rapf
> Souhegan High School
> PO box 1152
> Amherst, NH 03031
> wrapf
> 603-673-9940 voice mail #390
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 13:26:26 -0500
> From: Louise <lutton.us>
> Subject: Nevelson
>
> >Could you elaborate? I have more matboard scraps than should be legal.
> >Always looking for a new, good project.
>
> Yikes I guess I should be replying to the whole group on this!
>
> I'm cutting mat bd. into apprx 5X 7" squares for the background and cut
> on the paper cutter geometric pieces for relief layering. Usually I have
> kids do as much of the prep as possible but the bd, is too heavy for our
> scissors.
> I have some Nevelson photos and will discus with the second graders
> about her as a woman artist, about the word RELIEF and the focus on shape
> and not color in their work. They will build up layers of shapes (Elmers)
> and when dry paint either black or white.
> By the way I haven't tried this yet!!!
> Louise in Mich.

> Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:04:56 -0800 (PST)
> From: elek.5@ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: A&E.A Studio Lesson (Group Project) (fwd)
>
> I am responding to your lesson as an assignment on lesson critiques. I noticed that the lesson is just a studio lesson. Have you considered activities such as pre-studio's? This would generate discussions and reviewing Goldsworty's art. They are designed to help students further understand the artist as apposed to just choosing a peice of art that the students think are aesthetically pleasing. If they are going to choose an artwork by Goldsworthy they should ask themselves critically why they choose that particular piece of art. When they choose this art are they copying it? or is it just an example of a style they want to produce with their own environment. I have a problem with drawing Goldsworthy's three dimensional environmental in two dimension. Your statement of the issue was clearly Goldsworty's theory, getting in touch with nature and using only the materials from the land. If a student is to draw Goldsworty's art I think they would be missing his actual process and !
fe!