Re: need shoe polish info. -Reply

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:26:48 -0500

Respond to this message.

Here's another caution about using shoe polish on bisque ware!

Shoe polish is wax based, which means it will resist watercolors, acrylic
paint, and tempera paint. Try using acrylic paint for the details first,
then after it dries apply the shoe polish. When buffed, the shoe polish
should look like a glaze over the painted details. The patina of buffed
shoe polish will be beautifully old looking.

Give each child a pair of plastic sandwich bags or latex gloves to protect
hands, and wearing a smock is a must!

Good luck, Mark

At 10:03 AM 12/9/97, Charles Gareri wrote:
>You want to use paste shoepolish (like Kiwi)
>Apply the polish to bisque just like you would a pair of shoes.
>Let dry then you can buff it. Pretty slick. You can also do this on wood
>stuff.
>
>Messy though! Beware shoepolish stains hands , clothes, etc.....

Respond to this message.