Re: printing project

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger and Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 20:07:22 -0500

Respond to this message.

I remember using recycled styrofoam meat trays when I was teaching at the
elementary level. Parents were great about saving and donating them to the
classroom.

They weren't always great about REALLY washing them though. Any meat trays
that once had raw chicken on them are great places for salmonella to grow on.

If you use meat trays make sure they are disinfected before you use them.

Numo Jaeger
Studio One Art Center
<http://www.hooked.net/~jaegmil/>
At 10:05 AM 12/8/97 -0800, Gary Bogus wrote:
>Dear Laura,
>About cheap printmaking projects: recycled styrofoam meat trays, or if you
>spend a little money to waste somr resources, styrofoam dinner plates, make
>easy relief prints. Just draw with ball point pens, or cut shapes and glue.
>(If they are drawing, remember to tell them to use lots of texture, or the
>print is very dark with a few lines. This is good process work, as they can
>continue to "remove" space after each print.)
>
>For really cheap prints, try mono printing right on the tables. I mark off
>the size of the paper with masking tape and have them paint inside the tape
>lines. Put the paper down and rub. They get a kick out of painting the
>tables. Print up as much of the paint as possible, then wipe with a damp
>sponge.

Respond to this message.