Imation/NAEA contest

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Anna C. Martin (martin)
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 13:51:03 -0600 (CST)

Respond to this message.

I have received a number of inquiries regarding the NAEA/Imation contest,
which promotes use of electronic media in High School art programs.
Although EMIG is not directly involved with
the contest, as EMIG Chair, I have taken on the task of looking into the
questions that were posted to our EMIg discussion list. It appears the
sponsors have been overwhelmed by the number of requests for
participation, and intend to extend the deadline. Please feel free to
post part or all of the following to lists, or to teachers in your area
who may have questions regarding this contest. I will post another update
when we know more.

Forwarded message ---------- Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 12:33:47 -0600 (CST)
From: "Anna C. Martin" <martin>
To: naea-emig
Subject: Imation Contest Update
One of our members, Fob Fromme, was able to reach one of the Imation
contest staff. While we do not have an official announcement at this
time, it is our understanding that the deadline for entry in the Imation
Contest is now extended to January 9. Teachers who did not
receive a packet, and would like one, may call:

(612) 704-5963.

Evidently the number of request for packets was more
than 4 times greater than expected (8000 or more requests, with 2000
expected) and contest organizers were not equipped to handle the volume of
requests.

The contest organizers would like help getting the word out that the
deadline is extended, so pass the news on to other mailing lists or to
those teachers in your district who do not receive e-mail. I will be
sending a memo to the contest organizers and sponsors regarding the
comments from our list and subsequent findings/ resolution (hoped for).

Thanks to all who sent in responses. To date, I have heard from 8 members
of our list who did not receive requested packets. EMIG was not involved
in the planning or organization of this contest, but we are committed to
representing the interests of art educators who would like to incoporate
electronic media into their teaching. Perhaps we could contribute further
by having a representative serve on planning groups for contests and other
activities of the national organization whenever electronic media is
involved.

Anna Martin, Ed. D
Chair, Electronic Media Interest Group
900 S. Irby St. Suite 347