Re: your mail

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 19:52:00 -0500 (EST)

Respond to this message.

I'm trying to think of how you can explain that it's not fair to ignore
the regular art curriculum. Couldn't you try to get the principal to allow
decorations, etc. to be an extra thing that students did on a bad day they
can't go on playground during recess or if they finish all their
work.Don't put all of this on one area.

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, david wrote:

> I'd like to repost this request.......(I need an answer for a school
> principal ASAP)
> Thanks:
>
> As Supervisor of Fine Arts for a public school system, I am searching
> > for journal articles/academic papers regarding the subject of holiday
> > art. I need to demonstrate to non-arts school principals that demanding
> > that their teachers incorporate holiday art into the curriculum is not
> > always artistic. Can you help?
> (PS--what I mean by 'holiday art' is the fact that the teacher allows the
> art curriculum and objectives to go by the wayside so the school can have
> Christmas decorations or we can draw pictures of the Presidents or design
> Mother's Day cards.)
>
> David
> "Wherever you're going, that's where you are."

Respond to this message.

  • Reply: Fran Marze: "Re: your mail"
  • Reply: Fran Marze: "Re: your mail"