Re: computer graphics lesson plan

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lily/Clair Kerns (CWKerns)
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 04:20:38 -0600

Respond to this message.

(Lot of snips)
>Subject: computer graphics lesson plan
I plan to focus on the role of computers in art and design and why
>the mainsteam artists don't consider the computer to be a true art tool.
>
>Idea: The aim of this lesson is to familiarize students with new technology
>in art by providing hands-on experience.
>
>Issue: The role of computers in art

>Performance Objectives: The students will learn about the advantages of
using
>a computer as an art tool vs. the use of conventional art tools.

>1. The history of computer graphics
>
>2. Learn how local artist are using computers to produce their art and
>designs
>3. Use current methods to produce their own computer graphics

Seems to me that you are covering a lot of territory here--you don't
indicate the time allowed....

The most dramatic--and hands on-- method of comparing the two mediums would
probably be to assign half of the class to do a project on the computer and
half to do the same thing in traditional media Or ask each person to do
two very similar projects -one in traditonal and the other on the
computer. The comparisons will point up not only differences in procedure,
time, thinking required, but also individual differences in response to
different media.

>why the mainsteam artists don't consider the computer to be a true art
tool.
There are still folk who don't consider photography an art
form!......Cameras and computers don't make art--artists do! My personal
web page below has some computer graphics done with Painter--and there are
may artists on the web....

You might want to check out the Missouri Art Education Association's web
site. I don't know whether it will help you specifically or not, but we're
trying to include lessons for the one (or no) computer classrom where a
lesson can be done in both traditional and computer media.
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Dell/9575

Hope this helps a bit.

Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns CWKerns