Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I am in the process of completing a lesson plan for A.E. 605, which is a
course I am currently enrolled in at Ohio State under the direction of Dr.
Don Krug. I plan to focus on the role of computers in art and design and why
the mainsteam artists don't consider the computer to be a true art tool.
Name: DeWayne M. Jennings (instructor)
Lesson Title: Computer Graphics and Design
Grade Level: High School
Idea: The aim of this lesson is to familiarize students with new technology
in art by providing hands-on experience.
Issue: The role of computers in art
Performance Objectives: The students will learn about the advantages of using
a computer as an art tool vs. the use of conventional art tools.
1. Know (Content)
1. The history of computer graphics
2. Learn how local artist are using computers to produce their art and
3. Become familiar with commercial methods used today's professionals
2. Do (Method)
1. Research the history of computer graphics from selected references; books,
magazines, internet, etc…
2. Investigate/explore their on personal interests as it pertains to computer
3. Use current methods to produce their own computer graphics
If you have any suggestions please respond