Re: Inquiry-Based Learning

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Carol S. Kestler (artsgen)
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 20:24:49 -0700

"Inquiry" was developed in a context of Multiple Intelligences Theory. The
theory (Howard Gardner) clearly addresses the idea that ability in the arts
is no different from gifts and talents in language, math/logic,
interpersonal or intrapersonal communication. In fact, three of the
intelligences: spatial, musical and bodily kinesthetic, have strong
artistic components. Development/education of the whole person does not
happen without the arts. Working in the arts develops/enhances all the
other intelligences if and when our integration is targeted at this goal.
The arts can be an ideal form of assessment in other curriculum areas.

Carol S. Kestler
Arts Genesis Inc.
1311 E Duke Dr
Tucson, AZ 85719