Re: Encouraging Quality Art Production

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Donna Lyle (dlyle.us)
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:38:24 -0500

Loved your comments!
I hung a sign in the art room that says: K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple and
Sophisticated.
Also: Show Quality, Consistency, Productivity, Growth, Participation!
(these are what students evaluate their work on also)

Almost every project is displayed somewhere.

What's important in my high school classes is that you act upon. A
paper full of black graphite is better than no effort. It's ok to
make mistakes because this is how we grow. Thinking is an active
process. Record, doodle, look, map, web, thumbnail, observe, write, do
.