Re: more help!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Norman Brown (nobrown.pgh.pa.us)
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:24:19 -0500 (EST)

How about a project that stays in the folder for the report period like an
enlarged grid drawing from a photograph or potion of previous student
drawing.....grid drawing or famous artist's work.....blow up of a small
detail......or a seies of sketches that must be kept in a sketch/workbook
of still life observartion drawings or objects found in an art
room....drawer full of junk...plain white sock....patterned
sock....glove...necktie...piece or fruit...inside of walnutect....these
have worked for me and given students great pleasure ....addition drawing
skills and me a lot of piece of mind.
Norm Brown
Schenley High School

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996 carrml wrote:

> Does anyone have any brilliant ideas on what to do when students are finished art projects early. In all my years of teaching, I have yet to come up with something good. Sometimes I go ahead with the next project, explaining it to everyone and some times I have students who are finished do an extention of the work they just finished. If they are given free time to do what they like, they usually don't do anything. Often half the class will be finished and the rest, still working away. If any one has a tried and true solution to this problem I would be glad to hear about it!

  • Reply: carrml: "Re: Re: more help!"