Re: more help!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bob Greaves (BGREAVES@its-peni.cc.monash.edu.au)
Mon, 09 Dec 1996 13:42:46 +0000

> Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 16:02:56 -0800 (PST)
> From: carrml
> Subject: Re: more help!
> To: artsednet

> Does anyone have any brilliant ideas on what to do when students
are finished art projects early. In all my years of teaching,
I have yet to come up with something good. Sometimes I go ahead
with the next project, explaining it to everyone and some tim

You could,
with tongue in cheek,
get them to:
1. do some maths!
2. run around the oval 3 times!
3. write an essay on "Why I finished my work early!"
4. Tidy the store room!
or 5. make them do it again!!!!!
no, seriously,
What about having some on going project like making an
animated film (a claymation like "Wallace& Gromit"
where a little bit has to be done each day.. or...
Use a computer animation programm like the old Amiga Delux Paint
where each student hasd thier own disk to animate onto.
Have some tinkering project where old machines are pulled apart and
all the screw, springs and wires etc are kept and sorted. Old phones
yield some amazing stuff..... Convert this into developing working
kinetic sculptural forms. or just "making something which works"

Bob Greaves.