Re:[teacherartexchange] Sharing

---------

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2012 - 07:50:51 PST

Re: Sharing Ideas

Hi! I have used multiple sources to get ideas, and the first one I
found over ten years ago was this Getty list, so I feel a certain
obligation to share here. I have two blogs, Art 24/7 for curriculum,
and More Art 24/7 for well, just art, and those keep me busy. I also
highly recommend Art Ed 2.0, I have gotten a lot out of that site, but
Getty list is always so concise and quick if a thread is
rolling....Onto to the sharing: 1) I enjoy participating in those
Tip-ins every year, and encourage others to try it, making your own
art feeds the art teacher's soul in my opinion; 2) I started a "365
Challenge" on Art 2.0, and have been documenting my own "make art
every day" on my blog, More Art 24/7--- yes, it is hard to do but I
keep my efforts to an hour or less and I find myself seeing things
that would be a good "daily repeat" in the course of my day ( "daily
repeat" which is my own personal art challenge, the idea came from
Noah Scalin's "Skull a Day"). Here's a photo from a recent entry (I am
up to 158), but you have to go to my blog because the photo attachment
was not accepted ---

http://lgirbino.wordpress.com/

And lastly, though I am mostly on FB as a parent, Cheri L., could you
add me to your group?

Thanks Getty folk and Happy New Year!

--
"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be
harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean